It’s cold here this week… so I was looking for one of my favorite recipes and modified a recipe we found for beef bourguignon that we loved.
I substituted carrots with celery root and chose a red wine a little lower in carbs. Instead of flour for thickener, I substituted Xanthum gum.
Keto Boeuf (Beef) Bourguignon in Instant PotPrint This
- 4 cups pinot noire substituting for burgundy (4.2 net carbs/25.6 total)
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 lb button mushrooms quartered
- 4 strips of uncured smoked bacon chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs chuck beef cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp Xanthum Gum
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 lb celery root cut into 1" chunks (41g Total)
- 2 yellow onions sliced (7g Total)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp dried
- 2 cups beef stock (.7g Total)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (3g Total)
- Add bacon and beef, brown using the saute function until all sides browned.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix together.
- Close lid and close vent.
- Cook on Meat setting for 30 minutes.
- Mix and serve.