A good replacement recipe for devil eggs. You could also use Mayo (Duke’s or similar), as long as the carb content is low.
- 4–6 eggs
- 1 avocado or 3-4 tbsp of Duke's Mayo
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika, sprinkled on top
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Bring water to boil, add eggs (without breaking them).
- Boil eggs for 11m
- Place eggs in cold water, I usually just place the whole pot into the sink and run continuous cold water until eggs have cooled for about 5m.
- ALRIGHTY… use whatever egg peeling method you prefer, but keep the eggs fully intact. If you have any breakage, discard (eat) those eggs.
- Cut egg lengthwise in half. Scope yolk into mixing dish.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except paprika, and cilantro/lime)
- Add the yolk, along with remaining ingredients to bowl, mixing together until well combined. (You might want to use a hand mixer, up to you.)
- Spoon or use piping bag to put a heaping dollop of yolk filling into each egg half.
- Optional: Drizzle with lime juice and top with cilantro.
- Optional: Sprinkle with smoked paprika.