This is a great alternative to grits or mashed potatoes. Well, mostly grits.
I use it as the base for many different recipes.
Grillades and Grits
Shrimp and Grits
Keto Low Carb Cheesy Mashed CauliflowerPrint This
- 1 Large cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup half and half (or heavy cream)
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 to 4 ounces of grated cheese (sharp cheddar or parmesan)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Wash, core, and chop cauliflower into florets.
- Add 1 cup water and trivet into instant pot. You might also want to put a steamer basket in as well. The goal is to let the cauliflower drain without getting water logged. You will have runny mash if you don’t drain.
- Add chopped cauliflower.
- Lock lid in place and set Instant Pot (of pressure cooker) to manual high for 5 minutes.
- Immediately release pressure and remove/drain cauliflower.
- Throw all remaining ingredients into food processor while cauliflower is still warm and blend to desired consistency.
- Is the cheese doesn’t melt, you can place on the stove and whip it up a bit on low/medium heat until blended,