Being from New Orleans, I sometimes look for recipes out there that look good and do my best to low carbify them.
Keto Shrimp CreolePrint This
- 1-1-1/2 lbs medium to large shrimp, ask the fish monger to shell and devein them (ask to keep the shells for the stock)
- 2 cups of seafood stock infused with shrimp shells, reduced to 1 ½ cups
- 2 tbsp bacon fat
- 1 large onion, chopped, divided use
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (red) pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 package stevia
- 1/2 Head Italian Parsley, Chopped
- 1/2 Bunch Green Onions, Chopped
- Rinse shrimp, season with all of the spices (including garlic and green onion) and store in refrigerator until needed until needed.
- Chop onions, celery and bell pepper.
- Heat the bacon grease over high heat in a large pot.
- Add one half of the onions and cook over high heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Lower the heat to medium and keep stirring, until the onions have caramelized into a rich brown color, but not burned. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the onions, celery, green peppers and butter.
- Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until celery and pepper become tender, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add: tomatoes, stevia and the stock.
- Cook over medium heat for 25 minutes, stirring and scraping the pan bottom well.
- Add the parsley and simmer for another 10 minutes. Then add the shrimp and green onions, stirring occasionally.
You can serve over cauliflower rice, or just eat by itself.