I was looking for something super quick and easy. I don’t always have time to cook, so this is one of those things I can whip up and throw in the oven and forget about. Sometimes they come out looking amazing, sometimes they look like little round pucks of delicious chicken, I think it depends on the type of frozen chicken you purchase.
This recipe is straight from frozen to done in 45m with no thawing. Faster if you have a convection or similar oven. I would suggest checking the internal temp of the fattest breast at about 25m. My oven takes almost exactly 45m to cook them to perfection.
Low Carb Baked Parmesan Chicken (From Frozen)Print This
- 4 Unthawed Chicken Breasts
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp of Fine Grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat over to 425F
- If chicken breasts are covered in ice, rinse quickly and pat dry. Just to get the big ice crystals off the chicken so you can coat them evenly in olive oil.
- Coat chicken breasts THOROUGHLY with the olive oil. You want to create a little protective barrier to keep the moisture in. The chicken being frozen actually helps here by make the oil cling.
- Mix cheese and seasoning in a bowl. I usually use a little fork to make sure it’s well mixed up so when I sprinkle and pat it on the chicken the seasoning is all mixed up and I get a good distribution of flavor.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet the chicken beast bottom up. I usually leave 1-2in between pieces.
- Sprinkle enough seasoning to cover the bottoms of the chicken and pat down a bit and flip the breast top up.
- Evenly distribute remaining seasoning to coat the tops of each breast. You want to lightly press the seasoning down.
- Place in over when all breasts are coated evenly and thoroughly.
- Go do something for about 40m. You can start checking the temp at 25m until you know how your oven fairs. You want an internal temp of 165F.
- Rest Meat: At an internal temp of 165F, pull the sheet out of the oven and place a foil tent over the chicken while they rest for about 5m.
- Plate with a side of your choice and enjoy the amazing flavor explosion!